Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ramblin' About Medical Stuff

Most people reading this (Hi John and Laura!) probably already know that I got my eyes examined today. I vlogged about it in my YouTube persona, and kept it light and chipper.

I found out today that I have some corneal scarring because my eyes don't close fully when I sleep, and they're all dried out. My doctor wants me to put in this eye ointment at night and shut my eyes closed with surgical tape. At first, I was kinda amused and thought "Hahaha I'm such a dork! This is like a night brace." But now that I think about it, I'm a little annoyed.

I've had my fair share of medical problems, although this is pretty minor in the scheme of things I've dealt with. Sometimes I think it would just be really nice to not have scars, not have to take medications, and not be of below average height.

One of my biggest fears is that there aren't any men out there who could accept that I'm different. I'm about to turn 29, and it's making me a bit emo. My life is heading towards Miss Havisham territory, and I'm not liking it very much. Things could turn around in a moment... but the interim really blows.

3 comments:

John Lacey said...

Its important that you ACCEPT yourself. Seriously. I know I sound like a broken record, but so do you and I worry! Learn to be unapologetic! Repeat after me "I am Carrie and I am fucking awesome!" There. Do it a few more times. You don't need a man to be happy, and while you're still discovering who you are it might be better not to have one anyway. You need to learn to love yourself and foster a degree of autonomy.

Laura said...

I'm sorry about your eyes, Care. If it's any consolation, I still can't walk after nearly a week!

I have an article that I need to scan and send to you (or mail a copy). I found it a bit inspirational when it comes to my singlehood.

Anonymous said...

At least the corneas heal quickly!!!!! You'll be back up and flirting in no time.