Saturday, June 16, 2007

At The Movies

So I saw the matinee of "Ocean's Thirteen" today. Frankly, I was pretty surprised that Soderbergh and co. were willing to make a trilogy. I guess they have a lot of fun doing it, and the moolah must be attractive.

I thought it was pretty good. It's a real potato chip of a movie. Goes right through you, but you enjoy it as you're taking it in. A girl could do worse than spend two hours looking at Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Eddie Izzard. I ain't mad at Andy Garcia, either. Yowzah! Happily, it's not one of those sequels where you'd have to see one of the earlier films to understand any of the plot. Kudos goes to Soderbergh for getting a restrained performance from Al Pacino as the new baddie. Homeboy's been more hammy than Easter lunch in his past few movies.

In sum, I'd recommend it if you like the cast, and you enjoyed the other two "Ocean's" movies. The only downside to my experience was this total jagoff who was sitting next to me who had seen the movie before and loudly told his stupid friend a surprise plot point. I'm used to seeing screenings in my former abode of Los Angeles, so I guess my moviegoing experiences have spoiled me.

1 comment:

psych0bry said...

I was happy with the movie myself. Kudos to you and your injo/blog!