Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Follow Your Heart

I'm absolutely speechless. In a good way! One of my favorite British comedians is David Walliams, star of "Little Britain." I was just noodling around YouTube and found this amazing video. It seriously moved me so much. David is a patron of a charity in England called Cardiac Risk in the Young. He recently made a promotional video to show children and their families that being screened for heart disease is not a scary process.

Words cannot express how much it means to me to see someone I admire so much be a champion of something that is so important to me. I am a proud survivor of two open heart surgeries. I was stunned and moved to watch one of my heroes undergo medical procedures I've endured all my life. David, my love for you has quadrupled. You're an amazing man.

Let's all be more aware of Congenital Heart Defects and make this a priority worldwide... not just the UK.

No comments: