Friday, June 15, 2007

Winning The Battle of the Bulge

Well I'm very happy to announce that I've lost about 2.5 pounds since last week! I've recently escaped a very stressful situation. While I was in it, I was doing a lot of eating out and noshing. I'm only 4'10", so even just a few extra pounds make me look awful. I'm not vain, but I like to be healthy.. thank you very much. :)

A nice boost to my ego occurred when I went looking in the petites department of Ann Taylor Loft. I was relieved to find that I fit very well into a Size 6 pair of jeans and a cute blouse in a size Small. Praise Jeebus! Now if I just keep up my will power, I'll be back to my fighting weight. I really recommend Ann Taylor Loft to any of you ladies who are looking for cute outfits to wear to work. It's moderately priced and the clothing isn't too stodgy. It's really cute stuff to wear to work if you have an office job.

Now I'm off to work a little on a counted cross stitch pattern I found today. I'm not quite clever enough to embroider clothing, or brazen enough to do the stuff at Subversive Cross Stitch. My happy medium is to usually just buy a kit, but some of them are just so frump-tastic. So I decided to get this. It's a little bit more funky than doing a cottage or something uber-religious. I'll keep y'all updated on my progess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made a Subversive Cross Stitch sampler for my friend when she was pregnant. It had a little pacifier on it and read BABIES SUCK. She loved it.