Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!



I know it's almost the end of the day, but I wanted to wish all of you fathers out there a very Happy Father's Day! This is me and my Dad, when I was about 2 years old. As you can see, I loved the color pink from way back when.

We're not big on celebrating Hallmark-invented holidays in my family. We did take my Dad out to breakfast this morning at a local diner. Hey, nothing says I love you like pancakes, right?

After that, we took a nice little stroll around a local smaller city called Ballston Spa. My Mom is a knitter and all around crafty gal, so we went to a craft co-op she found called Strolling Village Artisans. I L-O-V-E purses, especially ones that were designed by local and talented crafters. This isn't exactly the purse I bought, but it's pretty close.. and super cute. I actually met the woman Debra Ann Salat who designed it, yesterday, when I went to a local craft fair.



I just love the beading and stitching. And pink!!! People are so talented. I've really been thinking that I'd love to start my own little crafty business. I do know how to embroider and cross-stitch. I'm thinking of teaching myself how to be more nimble with a sewing machine. I wish I knew what my gimmick could be, because so many other girls much more talented than I are out there.

1 comment:

Tangled Stitch said...

Hello! I have to tell you it was such a thrill to find your post about the purse. I love to make them and they make me very happy. To find that one of them touched someone else's heart as much as they touch mine was a thrill. Thank you for your wonderful post.